Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Outer Alliance Pride Day... Beam Me Up!


Okay, "beam me up!" is admittedly kinda dorky, but I do LOVE sci fi and fantasy, and especially LOVE sci fi and fantasy with Gay characters and themes.

So, when I heard about the formation of "The Outer Alliance," a queer-oriented virtual gathering of authors and readers on our planet who want to promote and encourage and see more GLBTQ characters in the worlds of speculative fiction, science fiction, and fantasy, I was super-excited to join in.

Today is the group's official "Pride Day," to get word out about the Alliance, and to spread the love...

The group's mission statement for members is:

As a member of the Outer Alliance, I advocate for queer speculative fiction and those who create, publish and support it, whatever their sexual orientation and gender identity. I make sure this is reflected in my actions and my work.


Which I think is awesome.

Twitter Tweets will include the hashtag:

#outeralliance


And ambassadors to the land of Facebook will be dispatched herewith.

So, what are you waiting for? Beam up and join the Alliance. The future you save may be your own!

Namaste,
Lee

3 comments:

Hayden Thorne said...

Yay, you're there, too? You have to post your links at the Google group, Lee, so they'll add it to their Pride page. :)

Fabio Fernandes said...

Welcome to the fold! :-)

ivanova said...

That's terrific! I'm going to join right now!