Monday, September 7, 2009

Ben & Jerry's "Hubby Hubby" Ice Cream!

To celebrate Vermont's new marriage equality, Ben & Jerry's ice cream company changed the name of its "Chubby Hubby" ice cream to "Hubby Hubby" ice cream.

And check out the label:



Not only are there two grooms on that wedding cake - it's a Black guy and a Blond guy! Racial Diversity! And a Rainbow! Chocolate! Peanut Butter! Pretzels! Ice Cream!

Now we know what to serve at the party!

“The legalization of marriage for gay and lesbian couples in Vermont is certainly a step in the right direction, and something worth celebrating with peace, love - and plenty of ice cream,” Ben & Jerry’s CEO Walt Freese said in announcing the sugary switch.


The world really is changing.

I hope Ben & Jerry's keeps the name "Hubby Hubby" forever - and not just for the month of September as they have planned.

Thanks to Stephanie Denise Brown for the heads-up on this amazing news!

Click here for more info on the name change, at BostonHerald.com

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it! I'm so glad to stumble on this! :D

Anonymous said...

Great blog-- I'm so happy to have found it. I think I'll blog about Hubby Hubby, too. That's neat.

I'd like to list your blog on my author's resources page, but I can't find your book submission guidelines.Do you accept self-published books and small presses? Please let me know. Your site would be listed as an author's resource here:

http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing.net/free-book-reviews.html

I'm assuming that you would accept gay and lesbian literature, which would be a nice addition to the list. Thanks! Christy

Barbara said...

That's awesome! Hubby Hubby sounds better because the other name just sounds like you're calling the Hubby well chubby.

cay said...

Was just at American Apparel and they had "Legalize Gay" t-shirts...

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hey Cay,
I blogged about wearing one of those "Legalize Gay" tshirts here:

http://www.leewind.org/2009/07/walking-while-gay-i-spent-day-wearing.html

Namaste,
Lee

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Okay, the best flavor title suggested to celebrate the women side of marriage equality was from Rilla Jaggia:

Double Bride Pride

It's awesome!

You can follow Rilla on twitter here:
@rillajaggia

Namaste,
Lee

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi Christy,
thanks for your kind words -
Just to clarify: I don't generally accept review copies of ANY books, as I don't review them myself - my blog is set up so that READERS review the books - I provide a synopsis, links to the author's website or blog, as well as a link to the book at Powells. I do include self-published books on my site and lists, but they have to be YA or younger, and they have to have significant GLBTQ content, or be otherwise a good fit for my site.

Given that qualification, you're welcome to include the information on my blogsite for your readers.

Thanks so much!
Namaste,
Lee

rilla jaggia said...

Hey Lee,

Hope there are more and more such rulings--a total of fifty including those who have already seen the light, sorry rainbow, would be nice.

Thanks for posting my new Ben and Jerry flavor suggestion. Glad you like it. Because you seem to approve of it, I have put it into B&J's flavor suggestion box :)

Stephanie Denise Brown said...

You've got good observational skills! I didn't even pick up on the racial diversity. I, too, hope Ben & Jerry's will keep the name.