Monday, August 1, 2011

The 2011 Kidlitosphere Conference! I'll be there - and if you blog about Children's Literature, maybe you should be part of it, too!


I'm very excited about the upcoming KidLitCon 2011, September 16-17 at the Hotel Monaco in Seattle, Washington, for a whole bunch of reasons:

1. It's being put together by two incredible people: Colleen Mondor (of the blog Chasing Ray and a powerhouse behind GuysLitWire) AND Jackie Parker (Interactive Reader)!

2. I'll be moderating a Saturday panel on Diversity, and we've already got some illustrious and awesome authors confirmed!

3. Scott Westerfeld (who wrote "Uglies," and "Leviathan", two books I love) will be giving a keynote!

4. I attended KidLitCon once before, in 2008, and I had such a great time. So many synergistic and wonderful things happened from my being there, including:

Creating the annual Comment Challenge with MotherReader,

meeting Alice Pope and which led to amazing opportunities, like being part of SCBWI Team Blog, and having my author interviews published in the 2011 (and the upcoming 2012) Children's Writer's And Illustrator's Market,

getting inspired to do podcasts and videos on my blog, and most of all,

I met and hung out with so many great, passionate, fascinating folks who made me feel part of this community of bloggers of children's literature.

It was a blast, and I can't wait to be part of it this year.

So go here for all the details and to register, and I'll hope to see you there!

Namaste,
Lee

1 comment:

The Pen and Ink Blogspot said...

Oh, how I wish I could come. I will be in Seattle the week following the conference. I attended my first Writer's Conference and took my first writing classes in the Seattle area and I know what a wonderful and active group of writers live there.
(This is Sue, Lee)
See you at the SCBWI conference.