Friday, June 26, 2009

They're itchin' to burn a gay teen book in West Bend, Wisconsin. Francesca Lia Block's "Baby Be-Bop" is under attack!



You'd think the folks in West Bend, Wisconsin would have better things to do with their time than try to restrict library access to, and -failing that - BURN a book featuring a young man coming to terms with being gay.

You'd be wrong.

So, in the time-honored tradition of books that are challenged having increased sales and readership due to their new visibility, I present once more for your consideration:

Francesca Lia Block's "Baby Be-Bop"





Buy it.

Read it.

Donate a copy to YOUR local library.

Because this book burning stuff should have died out with the Nazis. Really.

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

I'm a bit late in responding, Lee, but obviously you are way ahead of the pack with your blog.

My my. The "Christians" are in a twist. Good for book sales I hope.