Friday, October 10, 2008

National Coming Out Day: Saturday October 11, 2008 - A Day To Count My Blessings!

I'm Gay.




And I am so blessed to be able to stand up and say that!

I am so blessed to be living my truth.

I am so blessed to have found love with a wonderful guy.

I am so blessed to be a parent of an amazing child.

I am so blessed to be able to share this blog with all of you.


Happy National Coming Out Day to us all!

To celebrate, check out this great video:




(For some resources on coming out, check out my blogroll to the right, under "Coming Out? Check Out" for Links to some great organizations and wonderful, heartfelt essays and advice...)

Namaste,

Lee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Lee! You are an inspiration.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks very much!
Lee

Anonymous said...

Yay! And I'm - well, not gay...but supportive! :)

Anonymous said...

Your post brought a big smile to my face. Happy NCOD to you, too!

Anonymous said...

I remember a NCOD years ago, when I was in college. I was so terrified of being outed or having my actions interpreted as if I was celebrating the day that I hid inside for the duration.

I'm glad I've grown since then. Happy NCOD to you as well.

Suzanne Young said...

Lee, you are such a wonderful person and you're helping the lives of so many kids. I'm proud of you!!!!!!!

Keep at it!
-Suz

Rie Selavy said...

Hi Lee! Happy belated coming-out day! You were one of the big inspirations in the newish direction of my blog.

I came out today, you are welcome to hop in (and weigh in) here: http://leavingshangrila.blogspot.com/2008/10/or-where-my-sapphists-at.html