Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Banned Books Week... How Are You Going To Celebrate The Freedom To Read?




"Banned Books Week (BBW) is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read and the importance of the First Amendment. Held during the last week of September, Banned Books Week highlights the benefits of free and open access to information while drawing attention to the harms of censorship by spotlighting actual or attempted bannings of books across the United States." (from the ALA website)
Let me know how YOU'RE honoring our Freedom To Read this week, and I'll share your inspirations and lots of other ideas on Friday!

Namaste,
Lee

2 comments:

Book Dragon said...

I'll be posting comments and reviews all week and looking for my copy of The View from the Cherry Tree. Didn't know it was banned!

Ben in Bénin said...

Last week I was at this amazing bookstore in Austin, TX (Book People. Seriously go there if you're ever in town.) and they had a whole table full of banned books! I was so excited. Funny thing - they're all the best ones, and some of my favorites to boot. The Grapes of Wrath affected me like no other book ever has. I should go read that again...