Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2011 Short Lists Are Announced... And My Blog Is There!


So the awesome folks over at BBAW just put out their short lists of the blogs up for awards in all their different categories. And I'm really happy to say that my blog is one of three up for best GLBT Book Blog!

I won the Best GLBT Review Blog for BBAW 2009 (at the time the category had a slightly different wording) and it was a wonderful endorsement and recognition of what I'm doing here - so much so that I put that cool blue ribbon up at the top of the left-hand column of my book lists!

I'm thrilled to be up for the award again this year. And I was super-excited to check out the other two blogs in my category, Bibary Book Lust (love the rainbow lipstick in the blog graphic! And the range of books reviewed there - including a lot of adult books - is fun!) The other blog in our category is Bonjour, Cass (you can really lose yourself here, with reviews that made me laugh out loud, and posts I really loved, like this one about great queer couples in literature!)

There are lots of other categories with more amazing blogs up for the BBAW awards this year, so go check 'em out and feel free to vote for your favorites! BBAW is Sept 12-16, 2011 and no matter who wins, just knowing about all these blogs makes us all winners, you know?

And to BBAW and my fellow nominees, let me say, with a wink to the Oscars...

"It's truly an honor, just to be short-listed. Thank you!"

Namaste,
Lee

***addendum Wed Sept 7, 2011***

Just got this cool badge from Amy over at BBAW!

6 comments:

Sally Bibrary said...

Congrats, Lee! Since it would be extremely tacky to vote for myself (LOL), I will definitely be casting my vote in your direction. Seriously, it's well-deserved, and I'm not at all surprised to see you've won it before . . . you do such great work here.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

thanks Sally! And as I said above, it IS an honor to be nominated with you!
Good luck!
Namaste,
Lee

Pam Buchmeyer said...

Congratulations Lee on a fine effort and a fine product! How does the public vote?

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi Pam, thanks for your kind words. Here's the info on voting:

You can log-in to vote at http://bbaw.heroku.com You only need a Twitter id or a google id. We highly advise that you do not wait until the last minute to vote in the case that you have technical difficulties with the voting ballot. Voting closes September 10.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Just stopped by to congratulate you on your win for best GLBT blog 2011! I'm a new follower. I found you through BBAW when I was checking out the nominated blogs and yours was the one I liked and voted for. I really like your message and look forward to reading more in the future. =O)

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Thank you Michelle - I just found out (via twitter, actually!) that I won. I appreciate your kind words (and your vote). It's a lovely moment of recognition!
Namaste,
Lee