Monday, March 7, 2011

Katy Perry's FIREWORK - A Music Video That's Changing Our World

I loved this.

Enjoy,




Oh, the gay kiss! The teen girl with the real body! And of course, the lyric:

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe-awe-awe


Yes! Every one of us needs to let our colors burst - and allow ourselves to be our unique, authentic selves!

And I was thrilled to see that the song:

...is dedicated to the "It Gets Better" campaign, which is about fighting against harassment of gay teens.


YAY!

And thanks to Katy and her team: The song was composed by Perry, Stargate, Sandy Vee and Ester Dean and the music video was directed by Dave Meyers!

Namaste,
Lee

7 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

That was exactly what I needed today. Thanks. Hope recharged.

Anonymous said...

Pure. Joy. Thanks for sharing this.

HumanDuctTape said...

Sure, it's great, but what about...in German?! Muahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7QipH_-vLE

Okay, so there's no gay kiss in that one. But the message is transcending linguistic boundaries...or something like that.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi J.Ro and Deb - I know, it makes me happy, too!

HumanDuctTape - that German version was soooo karaoke! And I missed the gay kiss. But I'm still glad you shared it -

Namaste,
Lee

Anonymous said...

Katy Perry is not queer-friendly. She's jumping on the bandwagon, but this is the same person who sang "You're so gay and you don't even like boys" as an insult to her ex-boyfriend.

Amy said...

I hadn't seen this video before - so great - brought tears to my eyes :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Pretty good... I still like Lady Gaga's Born This Way better, though.