Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good News for Gays and Leprechauns - A St. Patrick's Day Encore




I did this video two years ago, but much of it remains true (and I still think it's funny!) There's still controversy over allowing Proud Gay people (and our supporters) to march in St. Patrick's Day parades - like the gay group and individuals who were barred from marching in Staten Island on March 6, 2011:

"He grabbed my jacket and tried to rip the [rainbow] ribbon off of me," St. Jermaine Endeley, 20, said of his confrontation with a parade official. "It's not fair. This is America. I can wear what I want."
And the Mr. Gay World competition continues, and you can check out the 2011 competitors (they call them "delegates" here!) As he's representing Ireland, we'll wish Barry Gouldsbury good luck, but of course there's Chris Flanagan (representing Northern Ireland) and Michael Kevin Holtz from the USA, and Leigh Charles of Australia... Oh, I can't choose just one to cheer on, so good luck to all the delegates!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Namaste,
Lee

No comments: