Wednesday, July 1, 2009

President Obama Talks More Talk... But it's pretty wonderful talk!


The truth is when these folks protested at Stonewall 40 years ago no one could have imagined that you -- or, for that matter, I -- (laughter) -- would be standing here today. (Applause.) So we are all witnesses to monumental changes in this country. That should give us hope, but we cannot rest. We must continue to do our part to make progress -- step by step, law by law, mind by changing mind. And I want you to know that in this task I will not only be your friend, I will continue to be an ally and a champion and a President who fights with you and for you.


President Obama, at a LGBT Pride month reception Monday afternoon (June 29, 2009) at the White House.

I have to say, it's pretty wonderful talk -
read the full transcript here at the white house web site! -
and an article about the reception, here.
There's even a video of the event here!

Here's another choice quote from our President's remarks:

But I say this: We have made progress and we will make more. And I want you to know that I expect and hope to be judged not by words, not by promises I've made, but by the promises that my administration keeps. And by the time you receive -- (applause.) We've been in office six months now. I suspect that by the time this administration is over, I think you guys will have pretty good feelings about the Obama administration. (Applause.)


Okay President Obama, sounds good. But we're still waiting for ACTION!

Namaste,
Lee

No comments: