Friday, March 20, 2009

The World IS Changing: Boyzone's Video "Better" includes a Guy as a 'Love Interest' for its openly gay member, Stephen Gately!


Intimate.

Inclusive.

Really exciting that this is OUT there to watch!

Check out the Boyzone video by clicking here!

Now won't it be great when this type of inclusiveness is such a regular, unremarkable thing that it won't even be worth blogging about, and we can talk about the music?

Or the fact that they're, well, kinda grown up to be called "Boyzone?"

But for Today, I'm not going to quibble. Three cheers for Boyzone, for having the courage to be real!


(Of course, it's stirred up some controversy...)

Watch it and come back and tell us - what do YOU think?

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I can't watch the video - it's "not available in my country" - but I'm very pleased to learn about this development. People's attitudes are changing!

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi, try here, a UK site that has the video:

http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/music-showbiz/music/music-videos/boyzone-better/

hope it plays for you!

Namaste,
Lee

fairyhedgehog said...

Thank you! That link didn't work for me, but until you posted this it hadn't occurred to me to look for a uk version of the video and when I did I found one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hc0uHs1X9s

I rather like the song. I've been with my Beloved for nearly 30 years now and I love the words "our love has changed ... it's better". I thought it was good to see the gay singer being able to be true to who he is in the video.

ReadWriteGo said...

Great song - and the video is beautiful. Stephen Gately's voice is lovely.