Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and Fenway Park


By Steve Kluger

T.C. and Augie are best friends and unofficial "brothers" since they were kids. Now they're in 9th grade, and they're both falling in love for the first time.

T.C.'s falling for a girl, Alejandra, who's playing hard to get.

Augie's falling for... another guy, only Augie's the only one who doesn't seem to understand what's going on!


Thanks to loyal blog reader Doret for the recommendation. Add your review of "My Most Excellent Year" in comments!

4 comments:

Alex said...

I really enjoyed My Most Excellent Year. Kluger's writing style (using letter, emails, and IM's) really lends itself to a story about teens. I loved the sense of fun it had.

ReadWriteGo said...

I love this book! Steve Kluger has written several other books using this epistolary style, and my favorite is Almost Like Being in Love, which starts out with the main characters in high school.

Doret said...

I loved My Most Excellent Year. It was so much fun. It doesn't get any better then baseball and Mary Poppins. No one makes a big deal about Augie being gay and his first relationship is very cute.

Jen Robinson said...

This was one of my favorite 2007 titles. I reviewed it here. This is one of those books that has something for everyone.