Monday, December 1, 2008

On Writing and Blogging and... well, Life


(Me, Bruce Coville, and Greg Pincus at the 2008 SCBWI Summer Conference)


On Writing


Take Your Characters To Therapy!



21 Great Things I Learned On My Summer Vacation (or more accurately, at the SCBWI 2008 Summer Conference)



Fictional Characters on Myspace? Lies on Facebook?




The Evolution of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, & Queer Teen Novels




Cell Phone Novels - Japan's Next Big Export?




WHY DO I WRITE? Pyramids, Stories, Magic... and learning how to SPELL



It's A Small QUEER World After All...





On Blogging and This Blog


(Isn't Blogging the ultimate Self-Publishing?)


On Awards... The Oscars and the Premio Dardos Blogger Awards. "It's an honor, just to be nominated. Really."

On Self Publishing and... Graphic Novels!



The Gay Best Friend: On Secondary Characters



On Labels



Some Advice on Life, Goals, and Being YOU




Setting Up for Success in 2008




On Halloween: Masks and the Space To Be Ourselves

3 comments:

Roxxy said...

I am so excited to have found your site- I don't know why I haven't come across it before. I am a fiction writer and also doing a PhD looking at representation of same-sex families in contemporary fiction. This site is GOLD!
I am in the throws of setting up a bibliographic site - the aim being to gather and display all those novels that have content with same-sex parents/caretakers. I saw it as both a resource and also as a siren for anyone writing fiction and/or researching in this area (where are you, I know you're out there somewhere?).
I need the contact as I'm in Adelaide, South Australia and feel like I'm the only one in the world interested in this topic - of course I'm not but it can seem that way sometimes.
Now, since lucking upon this site, I'm wondering if I should bother, this is such a brilliant resource.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the way to reach you, Lee. But I hope it is and that you will read this and know that I have said this is brilliant and thank you, thank you thank you for all your work.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi Roxxy, thanks for your kind words. I'd say go ahead and do your site as well - I'm really only featuring books in my GLBTQ parent/caretaker category that are significantly ABOUT that. If it's just in the background, secondary characters where it's not that important, it doesn't really fit into what I'm doing. I think a resource that included those books were two dad and/or two mom families were part of the fabric of the world would be great!
best of fortune to you,
Namaste,
Lee

Roxxy said...

Yes, lee, I think I will pursue the site as intended. I will keep you posted, furnish you with the address just as soon as we are up and running.

All the best,

Roxxy