Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2009!


I'm taking a two-week vacation.

2008 has been amazing. Monday through Friday, week-in and week-out, I've enjoyed sharing with over 45,000 of you about Gay Teen books, culture and politics...

And next year, starting on January 5th, 2009, I'll be back with:

New organization to help you navigate this blogsite.


More great Teen books with GLBTQ characters and themes (new ones and cleaning out that "Books still to be posted" list!)


More fun surveys.


My Gay Commentary on American Idol, season 4,382 (what? It's only season 8? Are you sure?)


More Kidlitosphere community-building projects.


Weekly Gay-Straight Alliance Club Topics.


More Great Stories from GLBTQ Hidden History.


Surprises...


And maybe even some more videos!



Who knows exactly what will happen? Not even me.

So come back, and join in, for a wonderful New Year here at "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?"

See you January 5th!

Namaste,

Lee

ps- no, the image above isn't me (much that I wish I could do that kind of balance on the top of a mountain!) But the photo really works for me, the mix of meditative and expansive - Namaste and Fireworks, all in one. It came from here. Happy New Year! Lee

3 comments:

Hayden Thorne said...

You certainly deserve the break, Lee. Have a happy holidays! And thanks so much for putting this blog together.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. Looking forward to the new 'look' in the new year.

Anonymous said...

You continue to be an inspiration, Lee. Thank you for caring about the world, the written word, about our community, and about the future.

I have no doubt you've saved lives through your blog. The boy of yesterday within me knows this to be true.