Monday, June 25, 2018

My ALA Annual Conference 2018 #ALAAC2018

I love librarians!

Clark Kent job: from this

To this
and this.

Superhero job: first book signed for a teen reader (!)
Signing "Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill" for Alex Gino, the very first person in line! (Alex wrote the amazing "George" and I'm a huge fan!)
Me signing ARCs of my book for librarians!
And more librarians...
and more librarians...
Librarians, who will hopefully love the book and buy copies to share with their teen and adult patrons!

Meeting Eti Berland, the librarian who tweeted about my signing the day before, saying "This is super happy making news! Just listened to Children's Book podcast w/ @MatthewWinner and I can't wait to read Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill and more importantly, share it with young ppl at my library! #aalac18"

And the capper was Saturday night's award ceremony where I got to cheer on my friend Jacqueline Woodson as she accepted the American Library Association ALSC Children’s Literature Legacy Award!

So many wonderful people met, so many great conversations had with friends existing and new, so much new knowledge to process and learn and move forward with on the adventure ahead... But first, one more day of repping all 200 Indie Books in the IBPA booth (3548.)

Thank you all!

And thanks for checking out this blog post about my #alaac18 experience!

The light in me recognizes and acknowledges the light in you,
Lee

1 comment:

KarolinaS said...

This is so awesome...all of it...SO happy for you my friend!!