Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'll be speaking at Cal State Fresno's Henry Madden Library Tonight on the FAIR Education Act!


I'll be part of a panel on the FAIR (Fair, Accurate, Inclusive, Respectful) Education Act, the California Law that requires schools to integrate information about social movements, current events and contributions of people with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bi, and transgender people into the K-12 social studies curriculum.

Co-Hosted by the Arne Nixon Center for the Study of Children's Literature, our panel is presented as the 2012 Printise J. Womack Lecture, and I'm so honored to be part of it!

My fellow panelists will be

Robert McGarry, Ed.D., Director of Education for GLSEN - the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network.

and

Shelbi Day, Lambda Legal Staff Attorney in the Western Regional Office.

It will be held from 7pm-9pm in the Madden Library, Lecture Hall 2206.

I can't wait to hear Shelbi and Robert speak, and I'm excited to debut something new in my discussion of Queer History,

"HISstory  HERstory  OURstory"

Namaste,
Lee

No comments: