Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Difference Between You and Me - a Teen Lesbian Opposites Attract - and Repel - Love Story






The Difference Between You and Me by Madeleine George


Jesse is a sophmore, the founder (and only member) of The National Organization to Liberate All Weirdos.  She wears big green fisherman's boots.

Emily wears sweaters with faux pearl buttons. She's vice president of the student council. She has a boyfriend.

But when it's just the two of them, they rock each other's worlds.

"Kissing Emily is literally the best thing Jesse has ever done. In her life. There is no feeling more right or perfect"

Jesse wants them to come out, but Emily feels she has too much to lose... and when they end up on opposite sides of a heated school conflict, they each have to decide...

What's more important: what you believe in, or the one you love?


My thanks to Little Willow, whose review let me know about this!  Please add your review of "The Difference Between You and Me" in comments...

And just for fun, here's the other cover for the book:

 

4 comments:

Muddeh Pheesh said...

Cool new cover! Though I have to admit, I still prefer the first.

ivanova said...

I LOVED this book. Would totally recommend it for all teen and up readers. I greatly prefer the yellow cover. To me the photo cover just looks like a heterosexual romance.

Anonymous said...

I reviewed this one at the Lesbrary! http://lesbrary.com/2012/05/26/danika-reviews-the-difference-between-you-and-me-by-madeleine-george/

Kat said...

I really enjoyed this book. Even though Jesse is presented as a considerably more sympathetic character, it was Emily with all her flaws who spoke to me in a way that few characters have. Although to be honest, I still cannot decide if this is because I feel like I am Emily or I'm dating Emily...