Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Zero" - a picture book about finding value in yourself and others



"Zero" by Kathryn Otoshi

"Zero" is the follow up picture book to "One," also told in the same simplicity on the surface, depth and heart within storytelling style.

Zero is a big round number.   When she looks at herself, she just sees a hole right through her center.

 She admires the other numbers who can count.  She wants to count, too,

 but she wonders, how can a number worth nothing become something?



Zero's search to find value in herself and others is uplifting and inspiring.

It's another picture book I wish had been read to me when I was a little kid.

...And another book that's great for the youngest kids up through adults!

Namaste,
Lee

ps- my thanks to Essia Cartoon-Fredman, the librarian at Pressman Academy in Los Angeles, for telling me about "Zero." 

No comments: