Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Don't Let Me Go - Gay Teen Romance




Don't Let Me Go By J. H. Trumble

"Some people spend their whole lives looking for the right partner. Nate Schaper found his in high school. In the eight months since their cautious flirting became a real, heart-pounding, tell-the-parents relationship, Nate and Adam have been inseparable. Even when local kids take their homophobia to brutal levels, Nate is undaunted. He and Adam are rock solid. Two parts of a whole. Yin and yang.

But when Adam graduates and takes an off-Broadway job in New York--at Nate's insistence--that certainty begins to flicker. Nate's friends can't keep his insecurities at bay, especially when he catches Skyped glimpses of Adam's shirtless roommate. Nate starts a blog to vent his frustrations and becomes the center of a school controversy, drawing ire and support in equal amounts. But it's the attention of a new boy who is looking for more than guidance that forces him to confront who and what he really wants."

Add your review of "Don't Let Me Go" in comments!

5 comments:

ivanova said...

This sounds great! Just put it on hold at the library. Kensington puts out a lot of nice LGBTQ YA.

J.H. Trumble said...

Kensington is terrific to work with. I hope you'll give DLMG a try! And I hope you fall in love with it.

BookChic said...

Here's my review of DLMG- http://bookchicclub.blogspot.com/2011/12/dont-let-me-go-by-jh-trumble.html

and I've interviewed J.H. too!- http://bookchicclub.blogspot.com/2012/01/author-interview-jh-trumble.html

It's such a good book!

Unknown said...

I loved the book! And I'm EXTREMELY picky about YA fiction. I have a full review on my own blog (http://hexijosh.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/review-dont-let-me-go/), but the short version is that it is an amazingly honest and touching story. Definitely worth the read.

Ali said...

This sounds wonderful. I'll look out for it; hope it's published in the UK.