Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Wonderland Holiday... See You In The New Year!


So we're arrived at the end of another calendar year of blogging: This is my 260th blog post in 2010, and "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?" just passed a quarter of a million readers! Thank you all!

I'll be taking a two week holiday from blogging, with time for us all to look back at some of the coolest posts of the year:

My "It Gets Better" video

My Speaker Visit to Palisades High School in California

The Rudolph the Gay Reindeer essay

A love letter to a banned book: "Annie On My Mind"


Was "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" racist?


Gay History with Tom Robinson's "Glad To Be Gay" at the Secret Policeman's Ball


Our First Summer Intern Hannah's completion of the GLBTQ Short Story Bookshelf

Back To High School: A letter from a High School Freshman

My SCBWI Team Blog interview with M.T. Anderson

The letter written by a Gay WWII veteran

Our week-long celebration of Queer poetry for April 2010, National Poetry month


And books, Books, BOOKS! (check out the lists on the left hand column of this blog - we're over 350 GLBTQ teen books!)

Taking a holiday also lets me (and all of us) regroup, recharge, and set our sights on the year ahead! 2011 is going to be AMAZING, with three incredible events just in January:

The Annual Comment Challenge

The launch of my new speaker visit website

The 2011 SCBWI Winter Conference in New York City!


I'm excited, and hope you are, too! So until January 3, 2011, I wish you all Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and Happy being YOU!

Namaste,
Lee

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Happy Holidays, Lee! Hope you have a good time.

ivanova said...

Happy holidays! Enjoy your vacation from the blogosphere!