Friday, February 5, 2010

Gay Teen Ideas... For Knitting and Crocheting? Why I love Google Alerts

Check this out:



It's a magazine from 1944, called "Gay Teen Ideas for Knitting and Chrocheting."

The word "Gay" has evolved quite some distance, hasn't it?


See, one of the great things you can do with Google Alerts is put in an alert for what you are interested in and what you blog about. (I set it for daily e-mails) Then see what pops up on the web. I found this gem because I have a Google alert for "gay teen."

And because of that, now I get to share this with you. I mean, after all, how else are you gonna know how to make a "New-some Two-some jerkin and beanie?" (Yeah, I have no idea what that is.)

There's even a "How're You Doin Toots?" quiz!

So think about what YOU could set a Google alert for - you never know what you'll find!

Have a great weekend,

Namaste,
Lee

6 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Language has changed a lot!

Thanks for the heads up on Google Alerts. I'll have a go with that.

tanita✿davis said...

*snort*
I really hope to never SEE a New-some Two-some any article of clothing.

This is cute, though. In that bizarre, scary way.

Carol H Rasco said...

Oh. My. Word. That yellow doll behind the top catalog looks like one of those crocheted monstrosities that fits over a roll of toilet paper...got lots of those as teacher gifts when I was heading up elementary school classrooms!

Mark W. McVeigh said...

This is awesome! Besides growing the agency, learning to knit is one of my 2010 goals. Thanks, Lee!

Jennie Englund said...

THAT was so great for a really early morning laugh here in Oregon!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Cripes. Funny yet frightening! But mostly funny...for all the wrong reasons...