Friday, February 26, 2010

Chimamanda Adichie on The Danger of a Single Story

Okay, I admit it: I'm a bit addicted to these TED talks.

In this one that I honestly can't stop thinking about since I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, the author Chimamanda Adichie gives a fascinating talk about stereotypes and the power of story. She's a beautiful speaker, and it's loaded with insights and truths - watch it! (It's 19 minutes - which I know sounds long, but it is time well worth it.)

Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single story




I really feel that's so much of what this blog is all about - showing that there are multiple stories of what it means to be a GLBTQ Teen.

As Chimamanda says,

"Stories Matter."


Yes, they do.

Have a great weekend,

Namaste,
Lee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to that talk, Lee. That was brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Very excellent post! Thank you so much for sharing that talk.