Wednesday, November 26, 2008

5 a day: Fruits, Vegetables, and Comments! 100 Comments in 21 Days!!! The Comment Challenge's Mission: Accomplished!*

Veni, Vidi, Comenti.

I came, I saw, I commented.




So, you should be feeling great, having spent the last 21 days reading and commenting and truly BEING part of this amazing Kidlitopshere community.

And I mean that even if you didn't manage to keep up with the 5-comments-a-day pace.

Really, even if you only posted 10 comments in 21 days, congratulations!

Because now you know, now you see, now you understand, that to make a community work, you have to PARTICIPATE in that community. And if you did participate, no matter your quantifiable score, you probably saw more comments on YOUR blog, too. And more visitors.

And it hopefully JAZZED you up about blogging and about writing on your blog!

So Thank You for joining in!

Make sure to leave a comment here or over at MotherReader if you managed to make it to 100 comments in the last 21 days to let us know... We'll be having a prize drawing and announcing the lucky winners soon!

Also, feel free to comment on what you've learned by participating, even if you achieved a smaller quantity of comments - because sometimes it's not about quantity.

Ultimately, we hope it's been about sharing our epiphany:

The way to keep blogging fun and to really feel like part of this community is to participate by commenting on the discussions going on at blogs all around us!


And me? How did I do?

Well, I made it to 100 comments just yesterday, with a sprint of 17 comments to make it to the finish line. (Yeah, weekends are just not realistic blogging time for me.) But now I know that, and I won't set myself up with blog-commenting-on-the-weekend expectations. I hope to try and keep up with 25 comments a week, 5-comments-a-day, letting myself focus on Monday-Friday. And I'll try to eat more leafy green vegetables, too.

Thanks for asking.

Remember, Commenting is FUN! (Sort of like gifts and the holidays...)

Getting a Comment is Fun.

But giving a Comment is Priceless!

So go forth, and Conquer... with Comments!

Namaste,

Lee

(*I know, I know, but we have to re-claim that expression someday, and it might as well be today!)

The awesome fireworks photo was from here.

6 comments:

MotherReader said...

I'm not sure which bit I love more, the "commenti" or the "mission accomplished." You always make my day a little bit brighter.

It's been mad fun doing this with you and I'm so glad that you gave me the extra push I needed. I've discovered some great new blogs, and I'm back in the commenting habit myself. And of course, there's all the wonderful bloggers who joined in and made this happen. Simply awesome.

Sarah Laurenson said...

I didn't keep track of numbers, but I did find a few new fun blogs and the wonderful people who write them. All in all, time well spent.

Happy Holidays to all (especially any non-turkey eaters out there)

Go Vegans!

Hayden Thorne said...

I wasn't able to participate because of my novel edits, but I'd love to if you guys decide to do it again down the road.

Since I've just relocated to Blogger, I've yet to explore the area and discover blogs other than the usual publishing/agent ones I already read.

Good job, guys!

Cuppa Jolie said...

First...thank you, Lee. This was such a great idea. But I have to admit, I didn't keep track of my numbers, but I promise I did comment. The great thing...the kidlitosphere expanded for me for sure.

Terry Doherty said...

Thanks for organizing this and keeping us motivated these past 21 days. It has been a great journey to discover new blogs and to establish a more regular habit of commenting.

I wasn't sure I'd make it this week since I closed the office yesterday, but I squeaked in a couple comments this afternoon/evening. 100 (counting this comment).

David LaRochelle said...

And a great big THANK YOU from someone whose blog you commented on! It was especially appreciated since our blog, ONE POTATO TEN is relatively new.

Happy Thanksgiving, Lee!