Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Transgender People Undergoing Forced Sterilization in... Sweden? (And France, the Netherlands, Australia, and some U.S. States)!!!

It's shocking how gender non-conformity is so threatening.

I had no idea this was going on.  Check out this article at Huffington Post Gay Voices, about transgender actress Aleksa Lundberg and how she's fighting the laws that force transgender people like her to never be biological parents.


Wow.

Evidently, Italy and Germany just overturned similar laws.

There's lots of work still to do, and lots injustice still to fight.

Namaste,
Lee

p.s. - My thanks to Karol for sharing this with me, so I could share it with all of you.

3 comments:

ivanova said...

I did not know about this. This is horrible. The idea of gender being other than binary is so alarming to some lawmakers and medical "experts" that awful stuff like this is legislated. I recommend Labor of Love by Thomas Beattie, a touching memoir by the first man to give birth.

T.S. said...

This INFURIATES me! Thanks for spreading the word about this injustice, Lee.

KarolinaS said...

Almost hated to share this one with you, Lee. It's just so horrible. Guess it's good to make sure people know about atrocities, though. Only then can we bring about change.