Friday, July 8, 2011

A cool opportunity for young writers: A new ficitonal short story anthology is looking for tales of "Being Queer"

Hey, teen and young adult writers!

Check out this call for submissions from Bold Strokes books for a new anthology, OMGQueer.




They're looking for fictional short stories about "being queer" from 14-24 year olds across the USA.
"Use the power of fiction to tell us about coming out (or not), about dating, about sex, about what "family means to you, etc."


Their deadline for submissions is October 15, so now you have a great goal for your summer writing. Good luck!

Namaste,
Lee

ps - My thanks to fellow writer Emily Jiang for sharing this with me so I could share it with you!

3 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Dammit, I'm 25. I am excited to see the final outcomes!

McKenzie McCann said...

Do you have to be LGTBQ to submit a story?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I can't find anything that says otherwise.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Hi McKenzie, just heard back from Katie, one of the editors of the anthology who wrote:

"Stories from allies are most certainly welcome, and I look forward to receiving your entry."

So go for it!
Namaste,
Lee