Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Some of the funniest (and my favorite) Gay signs from the Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear

Okay, okay. I know, the Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY and/or Fear happened five days ago. But in an effort to be sane, I'm just getting to this now. Breathe with me, people.

Here they are, my GLBTQ-inclusive favorites:

GOD HATES FIGS:

And yes, if you look it up, Mark II: 12-14 reads:

Mark 11:12-14 (King James Version)

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.


And as this reddit chat thread flamed on, there were some funny (and be aware, profane) moments, including these two, "BURN ALL THOSE WHO MAKE AND CONSUME FIG NEWTONS! THEIR BLASPHEMY MUST NOT GO UNPUNISHED!" and "... He might have just been making a comment. Along the vein of him stubbing a toe on a chair and going, "Ow, the chair hurt me!" and his disciples writing down that chairs are cursed and will harm their human makers and then go along and destroy all chairs. Oh religion..."

WHERE'S JUSTIN?



How much do I love that there's a cute guy holding this sign?

THE PROPOSAL:



Lovely. And ridiculous.


FUTURE TREASURY SECRETARY:




Not particularly GLBTQ, but SO TRUE:



I found these among the gems pictured here.

And Jon Stewart's closing remarks at the Rally are well worth watching:



I'm glad his voice is being heard. We could use some sanity.

Namaste,
Lee

7 comments:

Carina said...

Those pictures just made me smile so big, they made my day. Thank you so much. :-)

ivanova said...

These really made me laugh, especially "God Hates Figs."

Lori W. said...

Loved that Stewart video, too. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie L Young said...

Thanks for sharing this. I had not been able to see any of the rally coverage, so it was nice to see this part. And my favorite sign is the one about the bridal registries--a potential growth industry if there ever was one.

Anonymous said...

You should check out these pictures:

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/photos/

I've been laughing myself crazy with all these. I really wish I'd been able to go to the rally.

kittens not kids said...

The Sock Monkeys one is my personal favorite, but that's mainly because I have a massive and irrational love for sock monkeys. For the record, I am totally okay with the idea of marriage for sock monkeys.

Stasia said...

Serious giggles! Thanks for a post that brightened my Monday morning. Always enjoy stopping by your blog (and miss the Zen of Blogging--I get why you ended it, but I found it very helpful and encouraging!). - Stasia