Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Networking for authors, illustrators and other childrens literature professionals interested in including GLBTQ Characters and Themes in their work


As I promised a number of my fellow kidlit professionals during the SCBWI conference, here's a link to join the wonderful yahoo group listserve that continues the conversation of including GLBTQ content in childrens' literature...



It's a resource,
a focus group,
a cheerleading section,
and a wonderful kind-hearted community.

And it's yours as well.

While the group's title is GLBTQ YA writers, please don't be misled - we are creating a community that includes ALL childrens' literature professionals (writers, illustrators, art directors, editors, agents, librarians, booksellers, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...)


Joining is pretty simple, and we all look forward to broadening the circle to include YOU, if that makes sense for you and your journey.

GLBTQ YA writers is also a new permanent link in my blogroll here at "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?," in the blue column on the right side, under "Writer Info and Blogs to Check Out"


Come join the discussion!

Namaste,

Lee


ps- The cool queer networking image I used above came from this blog entry on social networking for physicians. I don't think they intended it as an illustration of GLBTQ networking, but you gotta admit, it's pretty choice. They didn't credit the image, so sending you there is the best I can do...


Lee's wistful thought: Someday, maybe I'll get help with some cool original graphics... Hi Laurent! hint, hint... (chuckle...)

No comments: