Wednesday, August 20, 2008

King & King


By Linda de Haan and Stern Nijland

So many stories for children include the search by a Prince or Princess for their one true love, as the prerequisite for the Happily Ever After...

In this delightful twist, King Lee's true love ends up being King Bertie!


I soooo wish I had had this book read to me when I was 5. Just the knowledge that not every story has to end up with the Noah's Arc boy-girl pairing (like ALL the Disney movies) would have been GIGANTIC!

If "King and King" had been read to me when I was 5, I might have grown up believing that MY story could still end up with a Happily Ever After, even if I wanted my happily ever after to be with another Prince!

Thank you Linda and Stern. This book was so needed and is so necessary.

Thank you.

No comments: