Thursday, August 21, 2008

King & King & Family


By Linda de Haan and Stern Nijland

King Lee and King Bertie are back, and in this book they're off to the jungle for their honeymoon!

The busy illustrations are full of all the animal families they keep seeing throughout their trip, and Lee and Bertie can't shake the sense that they're being mysteriously followed...

When they get home, they find a stow-away in their luggage - a young girl who needs a family! They adopt her, and everyone in the kingdom celebrates as Princess Daisy becomes part of their forever family...



Joyful. Quirky. Sweet.

And how my mind reels at the idea of having had THIS book read to me as a 5 year old... Because in so many ways, as a child and a Teen, I was Prince Lee, and now as an adult I am King Lee, who found my very own King Mark, and I am so blessed to be raising a wonderful daughter!

Happy Endings, and having a FAMILY, can be our stories, too!

Thanks Linda and Stern, for this gift of a book, and for giving us a rare human two dad family in a picturebook!

1 comment:

Shani said...

Wow, thanks! I've been trying to learn the title of this book forever!