Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Same Sex Marriage: What the World Needs Now!

And in the place and on the day where the personal becomes public and maybe even political, I'll share with everyone that the song my love and I started off our wedding ceremony with more than six years ago now was this one. In a ceremony that was family and friends and religion and truly of our hearts, we gave out lyric sheets and had everyone sing along:






And the message of that song, and of our wedding, is still true today, the day when our being a family together was finally able to be acknowledged with our applying for and receiving a legal marriage license in our home state (though not yet our home country...)

What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

Like the sweet love I have with

My best friend,

My partner,

and now,

My legal betrothed and oh-so-soon to be legal husband!


I love you, Mark.


Lee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's amazing! i love the fact that we can all get married now if only in CA and MA and VT i think. its a step in the right direction!! i hope to someday marry myself. btw, i love your blog!!

web said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

My coworkers and I spent the day perusing newspaper reports of different weddings up and down California. We're very excited for you all. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lee! I wish you and Mark all the best in your continuing life and love together.