Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tonight Is The LAMMYS! The Lambda Literary Foundation's AWARDS for the BEST GLBTQ Books published in 2007!

And in the category I'm most excited about, CHILDRENS/YOUNG ADULT books with LGBT content that were published in 2007, here are the finalists:


Parrotfish
By
Ellen Wittlinger


Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You
By
Peter Cameron


Freak Show
By
James St. James



Saints of Augustine
By
P. E. Ryan

Hero
By
Perry Moore


You can click on any of the book images above to link to my post on each of these five amazing books.

I'll be at the Lambda Literary Awards show tonight in West Hollywood, and first thing tomorrow I'll post on the winner.

But no matter which book is singled out as the winner, it's important to remember that the REAL winner is each of us - because we get to read all 5 of these!

Good Luck to all the authors...

Namaste,
Lee

1 comment:

ReadWriteGo said...

Thanks for sharing this list! I've never commented before, but I feel compelled to tell you that I really appreciate your blog. I've been looking for a comprehensive source for YA literature with gay characters for a long time. My reading list has grown immensely since I stumbled on your blog, and it's been a real help to me as I work on my own writing.

--SMD