Monday, April 14, 2008

CELEBRATING YOUR POEMS! "For Him, Disappearing Before Dawn" by j.e. robinson

I received this wonderful poem from one of the readers of this blog. I'm delighted to share it with you all, in a continuing celebration of GLBTQ Poetry for this National Poetry Month!

FOR HIM, DISAPPEARING BEFORE DAWN

"You bruise easily." Indeed, I do, and
your sable skin grows more tender each time
I pinch it, because it is nice to the
touch. How is that so? We are of the same
forest, our ancestors' origins within
days of each other, perhaps, yet with odd
admixtures by comparison. My loves
to date have been younger Jewish men. You
are queer for me, but I will not complain:
blackberry juice is Kosher, still. Who knows?
Maybe corned beef or snitzel are in my
future. I hope they are as sweet as this
feast, and those nights ought to be as pleasant
as this time, spent growing fat on stars.

-30-

j. e. robinson



While I don't have a link for the author (j.e., you can share a contact or link in "comments" below and I'll add it to this post) I applaud their bravery for sharing this poem. I think it's great!

Are YOU brave enough to share one of your poems?

For that matter, am I brave enough? Hmmm...


Namaste,

Lee

1 comment:

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

I received an e-mail from the author of this poem, who is Eric Robinson, the author of "Skip Macalester," the novel of an African American teenage boy's coming out (look for the post on it in a few weeks...)

He's allowed me to share his e-mail address with you, for following up. It is:

jer1008 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks, Eric!

Lee