Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bermudez Triangle, The


By Maureen Johnson

The Bermudez Triangle is three best girlfriends in High School; Nina, Melanie (a.k.a. Mel), and Avery.

The summer before their senior year, Nina goes off to a college-prep program and meets Steve. When Nina comes back, she's stunned to discover that Mel and Avery found love that summer, too - with each other!

In the words of Maureen's website:

What exactly do you do when your two best friends in the entire world start dating?


"The Bermudez Triangle" is such a fun summer beach read that they even published a versino where the cover is "splash-proof!" (no, really. check it out.)















Add your review of this book in "comments!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was definitely a good book, I recommend it to anyone to enjoys a good read. (:

numberone-wetblanket said...

Funny anecdote for you: I picked this up during the time in my life when I was trying to figure out if I was indeed queer and how it would affect my life, friendships, family. Thought it was about a straight couple, read a bit in and realized they were both women, and immediately took it back fearing my mom would find it and just know.

Needless to say, I went back and bought a new copy. It actually changed my life. It was my first time reading a realistic relationship between two young women. And it felt so real and wonderful and relatable. I'm 21 now and can't imagine giving away my copy. Maureen Johnson is an angel.