Friday, February 26, 2021

Angel Baribeau's Music Video for "Wish We Were Older" - A Queer, Non-Binary, Indigenous Artist Tells of "a lifetime of true love between an elderly 2 spirit Indigenous couple"

This was beautiful (both the song and the video for "Wish We Were Older.") Enjoy,


The quote above is from the video's director, Nang K’uulas / Patrick Shannon. 

Angel (who is originally from the Cree community of Mistissini, Quebec) says about the album this song is from, 

“I named my EP For Those I Love(d) because I realized the songs all represented love I had or have for people that have come through my life,” Baribeau shares. “Whether they are here still, or on their own path, this project aims to honour the love I felt and feel.
“I had many Moms growing up,” Baribeau continues. “Powerful women that showed me love in the times I needed it most. My Moms gave me the tools I needed to be who I am and, in fact, they did the heavy lifting when it came to building up my own strengths. It was the women around me that taught me to be brave, to exist without apology, and to love without fear. These women were blessings and I am forever grateful for their love.”

Excited to learn about Angel Baribeau, proud of them for standing up and creating this, and delighted to share with you,

Lee

No comments: