Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Over 2.5 Million Page Loads To This Blog!



The counter on the Statistics Page of "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What The Hell Do I Read?"


I know it's challenging to not get caught up in numbers,  and I want to remember and recognize that each and every individual person's experience can be powerful and meaningful. Having said that...

WOW! We're over two and a half million page loads!

Yesterday, over 1,100 page loads alone.

That's a lot of people visiting this blog.

Finding out about books for kids and teens with LGBTQ characters and themes.

Learning about LGBTQ history.

Exploring politics, and gender, and the intersectionality of identity.

Exposing the connections between prejudices and bias like misogyny and homophobia, and between racism and xenophobia.

And being empowered by stories, music videos, LGBTQ news from all over, and a community coming together to support LGBTQ teens and their allies.

So that nice round number stands for a pretty beautiful thing. You. And me. Together.

We did this. And I'm so proud of us.

The light in me recognizes and acknowledges the light in you,
Lee

2 comments:

KarolinaS said...

That's completely and utterly AWESOME! You - and your amazing blog - deserve every last click!

Cee Arr @ Dora Reads said...

That's amazing!!! Congrats!!!! <3