Monday, July 2, 2018

Love Is Love - a picture book I wish had been read to me when I was a little kid



Love is Love by Michael Genhart, illustrated by Ken Min

In a number of discussions across cultures and the world, children of two dads dressed in rainbow heart t-shirts confide in friends that they're being made fun of. There's a visual storyline of flying kites that come together to form a rainbow, just as all the children come together with their parents, allies, and a larger supportive community to celebrate that what makes a family is love.

The message is simple and beautiful, and the modeled response to mean words is uplifting:

So when some kids say, "Your dads are gay!"
I'll just say, "Yes, they are!"

And when some kids say, "You're not a real family!"
I'll just say, "Yes, we are!"

Definitely a picture book I wish had been read to me when I was a little kid!

Add your review of "Love is Love" in comments!

No comments: