Friday, December 20, 2013

And That's 2013! Some Great Posts To Catch Up On While I'm Re-Charging For 2014

I've been trying to get a good shot of a LGBTQ Pride flag flapping in the breeze for a long time now, and 2013 was the year I got this one - and I'm pretty happy with it!


What a year!

Looking back at over 250 posts here on this blog, there's a lot to dive back into. Here are some of my favorites,

A Year To Use Our Power For Good - Josh and Brent from The Amazing Race do something Amazing For a Gay Teen

Obama's inauguration speech - Gay people are included, but what about transgender people?

The Point Foundation offers Scholarships and mentors for LGBTQ students!

16-Year-old Ashley Makes Everyone In Her School feel Beautiful for a Day

How History Gets Re-Written: The USA's Civil War

Noah, a 15-year-old, his two moms, and the spoken word poem that blew me away

"I Hugged a man in his underwear" - a religious man attends Gay Pride to apologize

Not all Trans people feel "trapped" in the wrong body

A High School's "Cutest Couple" is two guys!

Our Intern Aaron's great Manga reviews!

Jack Adraka is a 16 year old openly gay scientist

Laurent Linn gives us the scoop on Patricia Polacco's 25th Anniversary Edition of "The Keeping Quilt"

My highlights from President Obama's speech on the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington

Debunking "Before" and "After" Transformation Photos

Totally Biased - The God Debate

Empowering Diversity is Universal

Sissy Goodwin Stands Out, And Stands Up, in Wyoming

Asexual Awareness Week

Episode 1: The YA Explosion and Episode 2: Creepy, Wacky... and True of the public radio show I've been working on (as producer, writer and on-air contributor), KID LIT With Lisa Loeb!

The Top 7 Lessons I Learned about blogging Kid's and Teen Literature at #KidLitCon13

My Thanksgiving Resolution

Toy Shopping, Gender-Neutral Style

You can watch short films I loved (like The Language of Love) and music videos I wanted to sing along to (like All American Boy) and performances that were awesome (like this drag performance of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham)

And of course you can check out the over 120 new-to-this-blog books with LGBTQ teen characters and themes (check out the lists in the left hand column!)

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2014! 


I'll see you back here with new posts on Monday, January 6, 2014.

Namaste (the light in me recognizes and acknowledges the light in every one of you),
Lee





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday, Lee!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Mr. Wind!
Nathan Albert, the man who hugged a man in his underwear, is now using crowdfunding to raise a small amount of funds to publish his book, of the same name. Nate was the son of my cross-the-street neighbor, trained as an actor before entering the ministry. He is one year younger than my older twins. This is a link to the indiegogo site for the book: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/believe-belong-become-a-pastor-s-journey-to-hugging-a-man-in-his-underwear

My very best to you!
Dana Lawrence

Unknown said...

There are some great books on this list!

Check out some of my favorites here: http://myshelfspace.wordpress.com/