Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm in School Library Journal!

Recently at KidLitCon 2012 at the New York City Public Library, my friend Greg Pincus mentioned me (and this blog) in his talk "Avoiding the Echo."

I knew about it because I saw the tweets, but now a very nice article by Mahnaz Dar, KidLitCon 2012: Expanding the World of KidLit Blogs, has come out in School Library Journal about Greg's lecture,



It reads in part,
 
“Pincus advised bloggers to turn into trustworthy experts in their fields by publishing high-quality content and establishing a reliable online presence. Pincus brought up Lee Wind, whose blog I’m Here, I’m Queer, What the Hell Do I Read, which examines books with LGBTQ themes geared toward young people. Wind often moderates comments for hateful speech and provides a safe space for teens. Since his site is often used as a resource for young adults questioning their sexuality, Pincus also cited him as a blogger who’s succeeded in reaching audiences far beyond fans of children’s literature.”


I'm honored to be mentioned by Greg, and delighted to be featured in the SLJ article!

Just had to share.

Namsate,
Lee

No comments: