Friday, July 27, 2012

This GAP Ad makes me so happy!


It's been on buses all over Los Angeles, and while it was hard for me to snap a good shot of it, Benjamin over at Spencer Alley got this great photo of a bus in San Francisco (above), sporting the gay pride two-guys-in-one-t-shirt pose of Broadway star Rory O’Malley & his boyfriend Gerold Schroeder photographed for GAP’s “Be Bright, Be One” Ad Campaign.  Thanks, Benjamin!

Here's the best shot I got...


Of course, there's been backlash from unfriendly quarters, but really, let's focus on the positive.  I keep thinking of all the young GLBTQ people seeing these buses and feeling YEAH, my kind of love deserves to be celebrated, too.

And it does!

Namaste,
Lee

2 comments:

maddox said...

Oh I have definitely seen that on the buses. I also found this one the other day (in the middle of downtown!): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=137178126422054&set=a.132261726913694.24808.100569696749564&type=1&theater

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Awww, Maddox - I LOVE that! Thanks for sharing,
Namaste,
Lee