Saturday, June 18, 2011

"From Here To Eternity," James Jones' Classic Novel, Gets Its Gay Content RESTORED!



A couple of years ago I blogged about how one of the most iconic images of heterosexual love, this passionate make out scene of Bert Lancaster and Deborah Kerr, from the movie version of "From Here To Eternity,"



was based on the award-winning book that had had the gay content censored out of it by its publisher.

Well, technology is creating new ways of doing things, and now there's a digital version of James Jones' famous book, "From Here To Eternity" with all the gay content back in.

Called the "restored version," it's available now, and I think it's pretty fascinating to see how technology is going to help us get past censorship... even if it is, in this case, sixty years later.

So if you're going to read a classic, read the REAL classic, the way the author wrote it!

And thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me know about this, so I could share it with you!

Namaste,
Lee

1 comment:

Susan B James said...

If I were going to read From Here to Eternity, I would certainly want to read it in it's original form.