Monday, April 4, 2011

A Jewish and GLBTQ Children's Picture Book Manuscript Contest!


Keshet, a Jewish GLBT organization has launched

"a Jewish children’s book contest to help solve the “I’m Jewish, I’m Queer/Want an Inclusive World, What Do I Read to My Kids” problem."


They're looking for manuscripts - with a small cash prize and the possibility of being published by "a leading Jewish publisher."

The deadline is April 15, 2011.

Check out all the details here.

And hurray for this effort to make picture books in the Jewish market more inclusive of GLBTQ characters and families!

What are you waiting for? Go enter!

Because I'm sure the winner will be a book that I'll have to feature in my "Picture Books I Wish Had Been Read To Me When I Was A Little Kid" list!

My thanks to Bonnie from Keshet for letting me know about the contest, so I could share it with all of you.

Namaste,
Lee

No comments: