Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - A Gay Teen Book



By John Green and David Levithan

Written by two incredible authors, this is the story of two Teens, both with the same name.

One Will Grayson is gay. A loner. Hoping to connect with Isaac, a gay teen he met online.

The other Will Grayson is straight, with a gay football star best friend named Tiny. The second Will likes this girl, who seems perfect... but that's kind of the problem.

And then one night in Chicago, the two Will Graysons meet. And like in all great stories, everything changes.

Oh, and did I mention Tiny's set on creating an autobiographical musical?

And just in case you didn't know what a Rock Star of video blogging John Green is, check out his video announcing the release of "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" - he even reads the book's opening pages!




Thanks to Teen Librarian Nicole for her review which gave me the heads-up about this book! Add your review of "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" in comments!

7 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Amazing, amazing book. One of the most important LGBT books of today.

CJ Omololu said...

Just finished WG WG and loved it. It's a teeny tiny bit of a 'coming out' book, but mostly it's a fun story where characters happen to be gay (the kind of book I think we sorely need more of). I might be biased, because I think that John and David could revise the phone book and I would love it, but the voices were fabulous the characters clever and fun with just enough seriousity to make it interesting.

I see this as a book for all teens, not just gay teens (and yes, teens, not tweens) because there's something here for everyone to like. Go pick up a shiny copy today. John and David are on tour right now, so check them out if you can (SF is excited they're coming next Monday!).

Tonnya said...

I couldn't put it down, so I read it in one sitting. The collaboration between JG and DL resulted in a wonderfully written, fantastic book with characters who I wanted to get to know more. Who wouldn't love having Tiny Cooper as a BFF?

NatalieSap said...

Read this last weekend and was absolutely giddy with delight - what a collaboration! More gushing here:
http://thispurplecrayon.blogspot.com/2010/04/will-grayson-will-grayson-by-john-green.html

Nif said...

This book is so totally made of win!

I laughed out loud inadvertently at least 8 different times. Then I watched my wife do the same--at different places. Too funny!

I think it took the YA novel with about gay characters to a whole new level.

Anonymous said...

At my school, my librarian let me get books before they were shelved so she had student opinion. I could not stop reading this book, and I read it twice in 24 hours. After i returned it, it was never in the library for more that a few minutes, since someone else would pick it up.
I loved it so much, and i can't wait to get my own copy.

Unknown said...

I am a middle school student and I love reading this book even though it is for ninth graders and up