Monday, April 1, 2019

I'm Coming To Chicago! (With a Book Event On April 8, 2019!)

It's a big week ahead...

First, for my day job, I'll be in Chicago April 4-7 for the Independent Book Publishers Association's (IBPA's) Publishing University 2019, the premiere educational and networking event for indie publishing,

and then on Monday April 8 I'll be at SCBWI-Illinois Marginalized Voices Out Loud: Queer YA Indie Author Lee Wind in Conversation at Open Books West Loop, from 7-9pm.



It's a free event, and you can get tickets here.

I'll be interviewed by SCBWI-Illinois' Diversity Committee chairperson Susanne Fairfax, and SCBWI-IL will also announce the winners of their 2019 Diverse New Member Pathway and Many Voices Prizes.

You can pick up a signed copy of "Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill" and/or buy a copy to donate to Chicago-area LGBTQ and allied teens.

It's going to be an amazing evening, and if you're in the Chicago area, I hope you can join us!

The light in me recognizes and acknowledges the light in you,
Lee

p.s. - no April Fools on this one - I really will be in Chicago for these events!

No comments: