Friday, May 6, 2016

#GiveElsaAGirlfriend - love this!


The Hypable piece on #GiveElsaAGirlfriend



Elsa. Princess from Frozen. No love interest, and by end of first movie, she's the Queen.

Sequel in the works.

Internet campaign to get Disney to see how much it would mean to have Elsa fall in love with another woman...

Awesome!

A few twitter highlights:






There's even fan art of what the romance might look like!




Check out more tweets, this opinion piece by Beatrice Frasl in Newsweek, and this fun roundup on upworthy about the trending movement. 

As Selina Wilken put it so well in their Hypable article,

Sometimes princesses love princes, and sometimes they love other princesses. We need to stop being afraid of acknowledging that this is an indisputable truth, which deserves recognition by mainstream media. Let’s evolve, already.

Off to tweet #GiveElsaAGirlfriend!

1 comment:

QueerFudanshi said...

I personally am not a fan of this idea of Elsa being gay. If it were to happen I would support and defend it to no end and I do see that there is room and evidence supporting it, but for me it just doesn't feel right. I think the reason for that is that I'd feel like the character would lose her independence. I like that she is a princess/queen who doesn't need a romantic interest. That said, LGBT fans need more representation, which is obvious based on what happened with "the 100" back in March. I'm still conflicted and thinking over the issue, but for now I'm definitely interested in seeing where this will all go.