Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Exciting Personal/Professional News!

This has been in the works for a while, and I have to say I'm thrilled to announce it!

I'm the New Vice President of Digital, Communications and Community Engagement at Little Pickle Press!



Whoo- Hoo!

I really like the quality and heart so evident in every one of Little Pickle Press' books and Apps and other media, and love the foundation that supports everything they're doing - they're out to create content that gets young people and their adults talking about things that matter, towards making this a better world.

That's very much my foundation as well, for my own writing, and this blog - to create content that makes this a better world!

So what changes?

Here on this blog, not much.

I'll also continue to blog for SCBWI and lead their Team Blog at SCBWI's two major international conferences each year in New York and Los Angeles.

And I'll still be writing, evenings and weekends, towards sharing my stories with the world, too.


What will be new?

For me, cutting back all the other freelancing, and having a full-time job I'm passionate about! Working with an awesome team on the inside of a publishing/media company that I really respect! Being a Vice President (okay, my husband has been so teasing me about that one - in the nicest way!)

I'm really excited.

As I said in the fancy press release going out today,

“This is a position where my last 11 years in the world of children’s literature – blogging, interviewing, writing, radio-show producing, conference organizing, panel moderating, school visiting, diversity advocating, community building, and of course, reading, reading, reading – all come together to help me tell the world about Little Pickle Press’ stories. Stories that will make our world a better place. It’s a perfect match!”

So happy to share my good news!
Lee

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful news!!!!! Congratulations, pal!!!!!!

deb

bee said...

Yayayayy!! Congrats Lee. So happy for you and your family. Much love.

Charlotte said...

Congratulations!!!! They are lucky to have you.

Terri Farley said...

Isn't it cool when everything comes together & you realize why you've been gathering all of those random skills? Congratulations!

CS Perryess said...

Tres cool. May the new gig & the new co-workers keep you smiling.

Mimi Cross said...

Congratulations Lee!
Sounds great.

Little Willow said...

Congratulations! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lee! Not many people can say they've watched your journey since the day you were born, but as your older brother I can :-) And this job is such a natural and exciting evolution of your life's journey and work!! So proud of you.

ann paul said...

What wonderful news Lee. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor!

Jen Robinson said...

Congratulations, Lee! What a great choice!

Denise Doyen said...

Lee!
I just saw this. Seems a perfect gig for you. I'm so happy for you, Mr. Vice President.
Fondly, Denise

April Halprin Wayland said...

WONDERFUL, Lee! I didn't know much about Little Pickle but now that I've been on their website, I can see how this aligns with your life and your spirit. Mazel tov, Mr. Vice President!

xox

Sarah Stevenson said...

Very excited for you, Lee! :)