Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Made By Raffi - A Picture Book About Being Your Authentic Self That I Wish Had Been Read To Me When I Was A Little Kid



Made By Raffi By Craig Pomranz, illustrated by Margaret Chamberlain

Raffi is a shy boy who doesn't like noisy games and is often teased at school. But when he gets the idea of making a scarf for his dad's birthday he is full of enthusiasm, even though the other children think it is girly to knit. Then the day draws near for the school play, and there is one big problem: no costume for the prince. And that's when Raffi has his most brilliant idea of all: to make a prince's cape. On the day of the show, Raffi's cape is the star.

What do I love? Throughout, Raffi's parents embrace and accept him for exactly who he is.


And at the end, the other children come to embrace and accept Raffi for exactly who he is, too. Even though he's different then they are.


Pretty simple – and awesome – stuff.

Be authentic. 

Great message. Sweet story.

Definitely a picture book I wish had been read to me when I was a little kid!



No comments: