Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sam Smith Shares Some Serious Wisdom in His Grammy Acceptance Speech

Check this out:



Here's the best part:

"...I just want to say that before I made this record, I was doing everything to try to get my music heard, I tried to lose weight, and ... I was making awful music. And it was only until I started to be myself, that the music started to flow and people started to listen, so thank you guys for accepting me to be just me. Thank you!"

- Sam Smith, on winning Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2015 Grammy Awards.

And if you want to see an example of how sometimes hard things create beautiful art, check out how Sam thanks his ex in his speech accepting the Grammy for Record Of The Year:

"I want to thank the man who this record is about, who I fell in love with last year. Thank you so much for breaking my heart - cause you got me four Grammies!"


Thanks to my awesome husband for sharing this with me, so I could share it with all of you.

No comments: