Monday, February 24, 2014

We're Over A Million!

A screen capture of the eye-popping blog stats!

This weekend while I was at the 2014 SCBWI Winter Conference we achieved a milestone - a million page views to this blog - and as of this morning we were at one million one thousand eight hundred and forty page views!

That's so exciting, and heartening, and wonderful.

Thank you for making "I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?" part of your community. Of transforming it from something that's mine to something that's ours - by reading, participating and sharing the books, videos and commentaries I'm so excited about.

When I started this blog on September 15, 2007 (with this post, "Welcome"), I imagined how cool it would be if I could make a difference.

Knowing I have - hearing your appreciative words over the years - has been deeply satisfying.

And now, knowing the circle I started and that you've joined in has grown so large makes me so proud.

Thank you, Teens and Pre-Teens.

Thank you, Adults and Elders.

Thank you, those of you who are Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Asexual, Pansexual, Questioning, and those of you who don't label yourself based on whom you're attracted to.

Thank you, those of you who are Straight Allies.

Thank you, those of you who are Trans, Queer, Gender-Queer, Gender Fluid, Intersex, Gender-Non Conforming and those of you who don't label your own gender.

Thank you, those of you who are Cis-Gendered Allies.

Thank you, Teachers.

Thank you, Booksellers.

Thank you, Librarians.

Thank you, Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and Agents and Editors and Publishers and Art Directors and my fellow Members of SCBWI.

Thank you, Friends.

Thank you, Family - especially my amazing husband Mark and our daughter!

Thank you all.


We are changing the world for the better, you and I. Together.

In our lives, and here on this blog.

I am grateful and humbled for your trust in me.

I am honored and full of joy at what we have created together.

And I am fired-up and excited for the adventure - and all the blogging, and community-building and world-changing still to come!

As I said at the end of that first blog post, the expression Namaste means, "the light in me recognizes and acknowledges the light in each one of you."

And so I say, with great light in my heart,

Namaste.

3 comments:

Kevin Zimmerman said...

Congratulations! It was great to meet you over the weekend at the SCBWI Winter Conference. You're doing great work; keep it up!
-Kevin Zimmerman

I.W. Gregorio said...

Congrats, Lee! Proud of you, and proud of your readers for knowing a good thing :) So wonderful to see you again for another rousing LGBTQ session at SCBWI (Two acronyms and only one vowel. Wow)

Ilene said...

Congrats, Lee! Proud of you, and proud of your readers for knowing a good thing :) So wonderful to see you again for another rousing LGBTQ session at SCBWI (Two acronyms and only one vowel. Wow)