Friday, October 18, 2013

Empowering Diversity Is Universal

So it turns out that the issue of diversity - and how best to embrace that diversity - is not just an issue in schools.

Nonprofits, religious groups and businesses face many of the same underlying issues of having a culture that needs to aim higher than tolerance of differences. A culture that needs to aim higher than acceptance. The goal should be where we're understanding the strengths - and challenges - of those different than us so we can truly CELEBRATE diversity.

I'm really excited that my business-focused article, "7 Ways To Empower Diversity Where You Work," is the Cover Story in Office Pro Magazine this month! (Executive Edition 2013, vol 73/no 6)


It got the cover!

Love the graphic design!

I'm so happy with the pull-out quote: "The glue that holds together my family (my husband, myself and our daughter) is love - the same love that holds together you and your family."
It's on their website!

My article covers things companies - and each of us - can do to empower diversity where we are every day.

What I think is so fascinating is that while the implementation is specific to each school or company or community organization, the principles of what makes diversity work are universal.

If you get a chance to pick up a copy or click on the International Association of Administrative Professionals website, I'd be delighted if you check my article out.

My thanks to OfficePro Editor Emily Allen for seeing the universality in my work to empower diversity and asking me to write this article!

And if you'd like to know more about the diversity work I'm doing in the corporate/organizational world, check out http://empowerdiversitynow.com/

Thanks for letting me share my good news,
Lee

1 comment:

Greg Pincus said...

That's great, Lee! Congrats... and thanks for posting the links, too.