Monday, July 29, 2013

New Blog Resource To Note: Straight Parent, Gay Kid




Check out this Straight Parent, Gay Kid blog by Wesley Cullen Davidson.  I liked her summary of recent news events like the U.S. supreme court gay marriage ruling and the Boy Scout's partial acceptance of gay people in their organization.

As this internet thing works, Wesley and I connected, and when I told her I was going to tell everyone about her blog she asked to share this message with you, my readers...
Hi. I'm Wesley Davidson, mother of a gay adult son, and I consider myself an ally of the Gay, Lesbian and Bi community.

In my blog:http://straightparentgaykid.blogspot.com, I give support, based on experience and research, to straight parents raising gay, lesbian and bi children. I am currently working on a book with a psychiatrist, Jonathan L. Tobkes, M.D. who happens to be gay, about the issues parents face while raising gay children and how to resolve them. The book will also have the voices of gay teens and adults on what worked or didn't work in their relationship with their parents.

That's where I'd like to hear from you. I'd like to interview you to get tips on what helped or hurt your relationships with your families. You know best. Please e-mail me at wcdwrite@aol.com and put in the subject line: Request for interview.

I'd also like to know what topics you'd like to see me write about in the blog. Please send me an e-mail also about this with suggested blog topics in the subject line.

Thanks so much. Together, we can make gay-straight familial relationships better right now. Wesley

My thanks to Hayden Thorne for sharing this blog with me, so I could share it with all of you.

Namaste,
Lee

No comments: